Experienced Cold Process Roofing Contractors
In the old days, the roofing industry relied heavily on heat. “Hot mopping” and “torching” were the most common practices in the installation and repair of roofing systems, and picturing the work of a roofer typically involved images of a steaming kettle of tar.
But times have changed, technology has evolved, and we have kept in step with innovations that both protect the environment and make good business sense for commercial roofing projects.
We have 30 years of experience working with a number of different roofing systems, and cold process roofing is one of our many specialties. This system utilizes liquid “cold” adhesives that are water- or solvent-based to apply roofing materials, and it’s become more and more popular in commercial and industrial roofing projects in the last half-century.
Read on to find out how our cold process roofing systems can benefit your business or make us a perfect contracting partner.
Benefits of Cold Process Roofing
Cold process roofing is ideal for the installation and repair of flat or slightly-pitched roofs on commercial, industrial, and government buildings that utilize asphalt roofing materials for optimal durability and weatherproofing.
Here are just some of the many benefits:
- Ease of application — No heavy, cumbersome equipment is necessary to apply cold process roofing systems, making the job go quicker and requiring less setup and cleanup. Fewer workers are needed to complete the job, and roofing work can be done without disrupting daily activities and business.
- Environmental Friendliness — Cold process adhesives lack the strong odor of hot roofing materials and contain a limited amount of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), which can be harmful to the environment.
- Lower Costs — Workers don’t have to contend with the dangers of heat-based roofing systems, such as open flames. This reduces both the contractors’ costs and insurance rates.
- Superior Performance — Cold process roofing adhesives enhance the water-resistant weatherproofing properties of roofing materials and have been proven to last.
- Stress-Free Maintenance — Greater durability means fewer issues down the road, and greater ease of application means quicker, less-costly touch-up work.
While cold process roofing systems can be less labor-intensive than other types of roofing systems, it’s still important to hire a contractor who knows the territory and can avoid costly mistakes.
AWOC is that contractor. Contact us today to learn more about our company and how our expertise in cold process roofing makes us perfect for your next big project.